Benefits of Breastfeeding
1. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends it
"Human milk is the preferred feeding for all infants, including premature and sick newborns”
2. Breastfeeding promotes bonding between mother and baby
Breastfeeding stimulates the release of the hormone oxytocin in the mother's body.
3. Breastfeeding satisfies baby's emotional needs
4. Breast milk provides perfect infant nutrition
“Human milk is uniquely superior for infant feeding and is species-specific.
5. Not breastfeeding increases mother's risk of breast cancer
6. Formula feeding increases baby girls’ risk of developing breast cancer in later life
7. Formula Feeding is associated with lower I.Q
8. Breast milk is always ready and comes in a nicer package than formula does
9. Breast milk helps pass meconium
Babies are born with a sticky tar-like substance called meconium in their intestines. Colostrum, or early milk, is uniquely designed to help move this substance through the infant's body.
10. Breast milk contains immunities to diseases and aids in the development of baby’s immune system.
11. Breast milk is better and more digestable than formula
Babies can digest human milk more easily than the milk of other animals. And why give them the milk of other animals but not your own?
12. Breastfeeding helps to shrink mother’s uterus after childbirth
You have your bikini body back in no time.
13. Suckling helps prevent post-partum hemorrhage.
14. Nursing helps to release weight
It takes 500 extra calories of your body every day you breastfeed.
15. Pre-term milk is specially designed for premature infants
Milk produced by women who deliver prematurely differs from that produced after a full-term pregnancy.
16. The WHO and Unicef recommend it
17. Breastfeeding protects against Chron’s disease
18. Formula feeding increases risk of baby developing Type I diabetes
Due to all the artificial sugar in the formula baby’s get used to it too early. Pancreas is still developing and learning to deal with sugars.
19. Breastfeeding decreases insulin requirements for breastfeeding mothers.
20. Breastfeeding stabilizes progress of maternal endometriosis.
21. Not breastfeeding increases mother’s risk of ovarian cancer.
22. Not breastfeeding increases mother’s risk of endometrial cancer.
23. Formula feeding increases chances of baby developing allergies.
24. Breast milk lowers risk of baby developing asthma.
25. Formula feeding increases baby’s risk of developing ear infections.
26. Formula feeding may increase risk of sudden infant death syndrome (S.I.D.S.)
27. Breastfeeding protects baby against diarrheal infections.
28. Breastfeeding protects baby against bacterial meningitis.
29. Breastfeeding protects baby against respiratory infections.
30. Formula fed babies have a higher risk of developing certain childhood lymphomas.
31. Not breastfeeding may increase the risk of schizophrenia.
32. Breastfeeding decreases changes of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
33. Breastfeeding decreases babies chances of contracting Hodgkin’s disease.
34. Breastfeeding protects babies against vision defects.
35. Breastfeeding decreases chances of maternal osteoporosis in later life.
36. Breast milk is an intestinal soother.
37. Non-breastfed babies are more likely to wet the bed later on.
38. Non-breastfed babies are at risk of aluminum exposure through formula.
39. Cows milk is an intestinal irritant.
40. Formula-fed babies are more at risk for obesity in later life.
41. Breastfeed babies have less chance of cardiopulmonary distress while feeding.
42. Breastfeed babies have less chance of developing ulcerative colitis.
43. Breast milk protects again hemophilus b. virus.
44. Breastfed babies require shorter pre and post-surgical fasting.
45. Breastfeeding results in less sick days for parents.
Since breastfed babies are statistically healthier than their formula fed peers, the parents of breastfed babies spend less time out of work taking care of sick children.
46. Breastfeeding enhances vaccine effects.
If you choose to vaccinate your children, breastfed infants showed better serum and secretory responses to peroral and parenteral vaccines than those formula-fed.
47. Breastfed babies have less change of developing necrotizing enterocolitis.
48. Breastfeeding is a natural contraceptive.
This is only if you are exclusively breastfeeding, and feeding times are less than every 4 hours.
49. Breastfeeding is easier than formula.
50. Breast milk is free.
51. Formula is expensive.
52. Breast milk is always the perfect temperature.
53. Breast milk always has the right proportions of fat, carbohydrates and protein.
54. Breast milk acts like a natural tranquilizer for baby.
55. Breast milk acts like a natural tranquilizer for mom.
56. Breast milk changes according to baby’s need within seconds.
57. Breast milk tastes better than formula.
58. Breastfed babies are overall healthier than formula-fed babies.
59. Breastfed babies are less likely to die before their third birthday.
60. Breastfed babies require fewer doctor visits.
61. Breastfeeding mothers spend less time and money on doctor visits.
62. Fewer waste packaging products.
63. No bottles no tote.
64. Less cow induced global greenhouse gases.
65. No need to refrigerate.
Of course, breast milk is always fresh, because it’s produced on demand. Even pumped breast milk keeps for a long time outside the fridge.
66. Cows milk is designed for baby cows.
Human milk contains completely different proportions of fat, carbohydrates and proteins. Cows milk is designed to help put on weight quickly, grow amazingly fast and develop only as much brain power as a cow needs.
67. Human milk is designed to build brains and foster gradual physical growth.
68. Breast milk is a natural pain reliever.
69. Breast milk is perfect food for a sick baby.
70. More sleep for mom.
71. More sleep for baby.
72. Baby’s needs are met more quickly and he/ she doesn’t feel neglected.
73. More sleep for dad.
74. Less equipment to buy.
75. Less equipment to clean, maintain and store
76. Breast milk has never been recalled!!!
77. Fresh breast milk ins never contaminated with bacteria.
78. No need to worry about which brand is better.
Each artificial breast milk formula is different from all its competitors, but none of them come close to duplicating the real thing. To determine the right brand can be very stressful.
79. No need to worry about adding contaminated or fluoride water.
80. Breastfeeding helps to reduce cruelty to farm animals.
81. Breastfeeding facilitates proper dental and jaw development.
82. Breastfeeding babies get fewer cavities.
83. Less money spend on corrective orthodontia.
84. Better speech development.
Tongue thrust problems often develop among bottle-fed babies as they try to slow down he flow of milk coming from the artificial nipple. This can lead to speech problems.
85. Less chances of the baby getting eczema.
86. Breastfed babies have great skin.
87. Breastfed babies have less gastrointestinal reflux (spit up).
88. Easier to clean up spit-up stains (should they ever happen).
89. Breast milk does not contain genetically engineered materials.
90. Contains no synthetic growth hormones.
91. Lack of breastfeeding is associated with multiples sclerosis.
92. Less chances of inguinal hernia.
93. Better cognitive development.
94. Better social development.
The psychomotor and social development of breastfed babies clearly differs from that of bottlefed ones and leads at the age of 12 months to significant advantages of the psychomotor and social capabilities.
95. Decreased risk of baby developing urinary tract infections.
96. Suckling optimizes hand-to-eye coordination.
97. Protects mother against anemia (iron deficiency).
98. Less money spend on menstrual supplies.
99. Self-confidence booster for mom.
100. Breast milk is good for combatting eye-infections.
101. Breast milk is a good natural antibiotic for wounds.
102. No worries about latest ingredients discovered to be missing from formula.
103. Much nicer diaper changes.
104. Breastfed babies smell fantastic.
105. It’s what breasts were designed for.